[Ffmpeg-devel] Which versions of gcc properly build libavcodec?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Sat Dec 16 02:49:24 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 12:48 -0500, Paul Kerchen wrote:
> I built a recent update (7316) from svn using gcc 3.2.2 and now I'm getting
> the "your compiler doesn't properly align stack variables" message when I
> try to encode a video stream.  Is gcc 3.2 no longer supported/preferred or

The appearance of that particular message doesn't indicate 3.2 being
less supported than before. The problems existed before, there just
wasn't a visible diagnostic. 3.2 certainly isn't preferred though.

> is 3.2.2 just the red-haired step-child that doesn't play well with ffmpeg?

Apparently versions older than either 4.0 or 4.1 have that problem with
current ffmpeg code (4.1 works, 3.4 does not).

> Or, is there a configure option I can turn on/off that will make gcc 3.2.2
> properly align stack variables?

Not in the current code AFAIK.