[Ffmpeg-devel] configure broken in svn?

Ramiro Polla angustia
Thu Dec 14 20:04:47 CET 2006

Hello,

Jaime V. wrote:
> Hi,
> checked out 7316.
> Original problem seems fixed in Ubuntu. Runs flawless.
> Now i get a somewhat error in MinGW. Again when configuring.
> Configure seems to work well.. but at the end get this after the last
> line of configure:
>
> -----------------------------------
> [configure options display]
> License: LGPL
> Creating config.mak and config.h...
> sed: invalid option -- i
>
> and after that it displays the help page of sed.
> configure seems to have done its job though as i am able to compile.
> also ffmpeg.exe seems to work well(tested transcoding from mpeg to avi).
> Attached my config.err if anyone is interested.
> Exactly the same code in Ubuntu shows no errors at all.
> Actually i took the code from my linux partition, zipped it(in linux)
> and decompressed and run in windows. But i dont think that is the
> source of the error.
I just accross this too. MSYS' sed doesn't support the -i argument.
On the vlc msys guide
<http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/msys-compile.txt> they say to use
sed 4.0.9 (newer versions fail to compile), but that doesn't work
either. It gives another error (I copied sed 4.0.9 to /c/ffmpeg/):
c:\ffmpeg\sed.exe: -e expression #1, char 22: Unknown option to `s'

I'm trying to come up with a way to not need that sed call there.

Ramiro Polla