[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 21:10:03 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>> anyway if you want to have some things like RV40 support, why dont you just
>>> get divxnetworks to sponsor it like googles summer of code (though of course
>>> the requirement for final payment should be a working decoder in svn not
>>> just something somewhere which someone else then has to cleanup and
>>> integrate)
>> DivX, Inc. is not called DivXNetworks anymore :) And they are already
>> sponsoring their own employees to improve FFMPEG ;)
>
> Yeah, and see how well that's working.  If you instead paid *real*
> ffmpeg developers to do the job properly it would probably be cheaper
> for you in the longer term, and everybody would benefit.

Feel free to ask DivX, Inc. some money to do it. I will tell them how
productive you are.

>> Plus RealVideo decoding is not really a priority for us. But that
>> makes DrDivX one of the very few tools that can convert many
>> matroska files (RV9) to something more usable.
>
> Eh?  I'm sure mencoder can do that too.  I have my opinions about
> mplayer/mencoder code quality, but something tells me it's no worse
> than your code.

Instead of talking about my code that you haven't seen, why don't you
fix that MPEG2 crash that was described in march 2006 ?

Steve