[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon Sep 19 00:31:28 CEST 2005

G?bor Farkas <gabor at nekomancer.net> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> G?bor Farkas <gabor at nekomancer.net> writes:

>>>now this is a message where i cannot decide if it is truly your
>>>opinion (as suggestged by the first sentence) or a joke (as suggested
>>>by the second sentence) ;)
>>>
>>>if it's your opinion, why do you think that java's such a bad choice
>>>for an OOP language?
>> Java can be handy sometimes, but there are a few things that annoy
>> me:
>> - Everything has to be an object.
>
> int/char/boolean and stuff like that does not have to be an object.

That's surely an oversight.

> but isn't it the same in C?
> you have some basic types and then you have to create structs. in
> which way is it different from classes?

Functions.

>> - No unsigned types.
>
> why do you need them? what would  you like to do with them?

Same reason you'd need them anywhere: to store unsigned numbers.

>> - The java.lang.Void class.
>
> wow. i didn't even know that such a class existed. how did you meet him? ;)

I don't remember how I came across it, and I can't imagine ever using it.

>> Have you ever used Java for anything serious?
>
> yes, i worked as a java developer for 2-3 years..

Just asking.  Sometimes people have just finished some book about the
wonders of Java, and took it all a bit too literally.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com