[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG code a mess

Gábor Farkas gabor
Mon Sep 19 00:19:09 CEST 2005

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> G?bor Farkas <gabor at nekomancer.net> writes:
>

>>M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

>>>OOP is sometimes quite useful.  However, Java is always wrong.
>>>

>>now this is a message where i cannot decide if it is truly your
>>opinion (as suggestged by the first sentence) or a joke (as suggested
>>by the second sentence) ;)
>>
>>if it's your opinion, why do you think that java's such a bad choice
>>for an OOP language?
>

> Java can be handy sometimes, but there are a few things that annoy me:
>
> - Everything has to be an object.

int/char/boolean and stuff like that does not have to be an object.

but isn't it the same in C?
you have some basic types and then you have to create structs. in which
way is it different from classes?

> - No unsigned types.

why do you need them? what would  you like to do with them?

> - The java.lang.Void class.

wow. i didn't even know that such a class existed. how did you meet him? ;)

> Have you ever used Java for anything serious?

yes, i worked as a java developer for 2-3 years..

gabor