[Ffmpeg-devel] AVOptions

Vidar Madsen vidarino
Wed Sep 14 09:12:11 CEST 2005

I'm not sure why we're having this discussion, since it's largely a
non-issue from what I can make of it. ;)

As I see it, there are two practical options;

a) Declare that the options are case-sensitive and lowercase.
or
b) Declare them case-insensitive but restricted to 7-bit ASCII.

If b), and the function strcasecmp() itself is the problem (which it
might be, since it might rely on less portable locale functions), how
about just adding a small string comparison function to libavutil?
Speed isn't a problem either, since the options will be parsed only
once, during start-up.

Just my two Norwegian ?re. ;)

Vidar