[Ffmpeg-devel] AVOptions

Dave Dodge dododge
Wed Sep 14 04:12:59 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 09:13:40AM +0800, Colin Ward wrote:
>   Maybe I am missing something here, but I took a look at the
> strcasecmp() man page (both under Linux and Cygwin) and couldn't see any
> mention of locales coming into play.  Can anyone offer any more
> information?

Here's what IEEE Std 1003.1 (2004) says:

  In the POSIX locale, strcasecmp() and strncasecmp() shall behave as
  if the strings had been converted to lowercase and then a byte
  comparison performed. The results are unspecified in other locales.

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/strcasecmp.html

                                                  -Dave Dodge