[Ffmpeg-devel] Compile ffmpeg for Windows

Michael Pfeiffer michael.pfeiffer
Tue Oct 11 13:05:28 CEST 2005

Hi,

I try to compile ffmpeg for Windows but with no success.

I'm using Cygwin and tried it with several combinations (with or without Mingw32, with or without the mingw32-option,
using different --enable-option-combinations and only a plain ./configure) but with no success. I get different errors
from a compile-error within a header file to unresolved symbols during linking (strange things like mallocz() can't be
found).

So my question is: has anybody ever been able to compile ffmpeg for Windows? If yes: using which configuration?

Michael