[Ffmpeg-devel] codecs problem

nagyz at nefty.hu nagyz
Fri May 20 16:02:37 CEST 2005

> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> writes:

>>>That file is somewhat invalid.  The PMT gives a stream type of 0x10
>>>for the video.  This means an MPEG4 elementary stream carried in PES
>>>packets.  These PES packets must have a stream_id value in the range
>>>0xe0 to 0xef.  Your file uses a stream_id of 0xfa.  This should be
>>>used only for SL-packetized streams, which your file is not.  FFmpeg
>>>ignores streams with invalid stream_id in the PES header, whereas
>>>mplayer and vlc apparently do not.
>>
>> I bet that file was generated by vlc and its buggy SL muxer
>
> Yes, it looks like that's the case.  IMHO, we don't need to be able to
> play such broken mess.

yes, that file was generated by vlc. :)
if you do not wish to support any error-tolerance, then tell me how to
generate a strem by _anything_, which after I save the stream to disk from
network at any given point can be played by libavcodec.. that's my first
priority, and I do not care which program I use. The only thing that
matters, that I must be able to specify the bandwidth of the stream which
will be generated.

Thanks,

Zoltan NAGY,
Software Engineer