[Ffmpeg-devel] How to retrieve audio or video stream at same timestamp using av_read_frame

Keith Mok ek9852
Thu May 19 19:32:33 CEST 2005

Hi

When I use av_read_frame, I cannot select whether I want audio stream or
video stream data.
It will determine automatically.
And application need to check the stream type after output.

For some movie files, the video data may not be followed immediately by
the audio data. It may hold few tens seconds of video data followed by
audio data.
During real time playback of a movie file, I want to demux the audio
portion data and video portion data at about the same timestamp. The
only way I can get it is to create two seperate instances of
AVFormatContext on the same movie file. This can waste some resource.
Any better idea ?

BR,
Keith