[Ffmpeg-devel] reply-to headers and the mailinglist

Erik Slagter erik
Sat May 7 10:58:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 18:20 +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:

> > Setting relpy-to to the list addrss only makes it difficult to reply
> > off-list, if that's what you actually want to do.
>
> But it's not what I usually want to do.
>
> If I want to do that I just "Reply to Sender" which does the correct
> thing.

Exactly. The default action for a mailing list is to reply to all, not
an individual, otherwise I could hardly call it a mailing list.

Also using the definition of the url
(http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html) means that about half
of the mailers is broken. Reminds me of a dutch proverb: "The whole is
mad, said the lunatic."

I am not going to switch to another mailer to be more correct according
to some people.