[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg & postprocess_internal.h (colorspace issue)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 25 02:04:16 CEST 2005

Hi

On Monday 25 July 2005 01:16, Kris A. Wotipka wrote:
> >>now.  I am still trying to figure out the -pix_fmt yuvj420p is all
> >>about.
> >
> > AFAIK this means yuv420p colorspace, but with the standard luma range
> > (16-234).

yuv420p  is 16-234 or was it 235?
yuvj420p is  0-255 the j here means jpeg (yes jpeg uses 0-255 normally)

> To be honest, this line really helped me because it put me on the track
> of YUV.  No one had ever suggested that I need to take this route
> before.  I am wondering if the "p" is for "Progressive" or "PAL".  If I
> remember right, it was decoding in the PAL format when I used it.  Never
> the less, I have some things to try out and will leave the developers
> alone for a while.

p here means planar here (see DOCS/tech/colorspaces.txt in mplayer cvs)

Michael