[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg & postprocess_internal.h (colorspace issue)

Kris A. Wotipka kris
Sun Jul 24 17:33:45 CEST 2005

Apologies and thanks for the input.  By the time I learn enough C to
understand the code, the problem will no longer be an issue since we
will probably be into some direct to brain transfer system with our
entertainment.  It truly is a shame that wonderful programs such as
these will forever be locked into the hands of those who can program but
not write documentation.

I as an engineer understand the issues of composite routing, syncing,
latency, etc of the traditional studio system.  Whenever someone who
wants to learn asks, I always try to explain it in real world terms and
then hand them one of Grass Valleys wonderful manuals.

I am not knocking the talents of those involved because from looking at
the program and trying to see how things flow people have put lots of
effort into this program.  Now, if some brave soul would like to rewrite
the docs, others may not become as testy when presumed "newbie"
questions are posted.

All this started with me trying to save an educational-access non-profit
station a few bucks.  I know what the commercial version of this costs
and they cannot afford that.  However, once I got this working, I was
going to suggest that they donate the portion they could afford to this
cause and they were happy with that.

For the record, I never wanted anyone to do it for me.  I am very happy
with RTFM.  However if I have to go learn the programming from scratch,
I might as well write the code to do the job in the first place.

Sorry folks