[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg & postprocess_internal.h (colorspace issue)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jul 24 13:57:47 CEST 2005

Hi

On Sunday 24 July 2005 05:43, Kris A. Wotipka wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Just realized that you are the one who wrote the postprocess_internal
> source.  Can you tell me what the line
>
> /// select between full y range (255-0) or standart one (234-16)
> #define FULL_Y_RANGE    0x8000                  // 32768
>
> is for?  You can reply here or off list but it is making my brain hurt.

this really is off topic, learn c, or accept that you dont understand it,
theres no sense in explainng what that single line does as even if you
understand that single line it alone wont help you

>   I am understanding now that I need to go to the YUV space with this
> now.  I am still trying to figure out the -pix_fmt yuvj420p is all
> about.  I am having a hard time finding docs on it.

there probably are not many docs about it, learn c and read the source :)

[...]
> Also, I am trying to figure out the compile sequence for this.  Should I
> compile the libpostproc then libavcodec then ffmpeg or if I make changes
> say to something in libavcodec do I need to recompile ffmpeg.

make dep ; make
and read the manual for make

Michael