[Ffmpeg-devel] Switch to svn?

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Sun Dec 25 04:56:24 CET 2005

On 12/24/2005 10:54 PM, Rich Felker wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:33:52PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
>> Dario Andrade wrote:
>>
>>> What happened to the Idea of switching the repo to svn?
>>
>> I'm still pushing for git or mercurial, rationale: the client and
>> the server are tiny and have the same feature used currently.
>
> I've never seen any and I'm rather skeptiical. Never heard you
> mention them before either so it hardly sounds like you're "pushing"
> for them. If you are, could you give us a detailed argument of why
> they're good, i.e. why they're better than svn in some ways and why
> they're not worse.

If by "never seen any" you mean that you don't know of any cases wher
they're used: Wine and the Linux kernel are both alleged to use git
(Wine having been converted from CVS within just the last few months,
and still accessible via CVS). I've never previously heard of mercurial
that I recall, either, myself.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.