[Ffmpeg-devel] Switch to svn?

Rich Felker dalias
Sun Dec 25 04:54:51 CET 2005

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 10:33:52PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Dario Andrade wrote:
> >

> >What happened to the Idea of switching the repo to svn?
> >

> I'm still pushing for git or mercurial, rationale: the client and the
> server are tiny and have the same feature used currently.

I've never seen any and I'm rather skeptiical. Never heard you mention
them before either so it hardly sounds like you're "pushing" for them.
If you are, could you give us a detailed argument of why they're good,
i.e. why they're better than svn in some ways and why they're not
worse.

As for the original question about svn, conversion to svn will be made
after the new server is up. MPlayer is being converted first to make
sure everything goes well (since it doesn't affect other projects) and
hopefully ffmpeg will follow soon afterward. It may be a little late
to try to convince people to use something else in but if you have
good reasons we might as well hear em.

Rich