[Ffmpeg-devel] Dr DivX OSS out with ffmpeg inside

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Fri Dec 2 08:27:53 CET 2005

Hi,

As we decided to work with MSVC on Windows (much more comfortable IDE
than MinGW or cygwin) we did a first merge of the code with the one in
FFDShow (where the INFINITY comes from). Then we tried to be as close as
the FFMPEG CVS. The VC++ fixes come from there. They mostly consist of
macros for alignement. So I guess if you accept the %lld fix that could
be included too.

As we still want the assembler code (for speed reasons) we created a
separate project called libavdsp that includes most of the assembly
code.

We will distribute DrDivX OSS on Linux and OS X too and they will be
built with gcc. So whatever changes we make they will need to work as
the regular FFMPEG.

And yes, we plan to submit some of the work we did to the official
FFMPEG even though I'm sure the C++ code will never make it. But as we
just released the software we're quite busy.

Thank you for all.