[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: FFMPEG on Windows

Martin Boehme boehme
Wed Aug 31 09:36:34 CEST 2005

Chris wrote:
>>Thank you Martin for your help. I compiled and used ffmpeg on msvc at
>>last.
>
> Are you saying you have FFMpeg compiled on msvc or just an application using
> the av* libraries?

RTFP ;-)

He said a few lines later that he was compiling FFmpeg under MinGW/MSYS...

Martin

> If it is the former are you experiencing a performance increase over
> MinGW32?

Compiling FFmpeg itself under MSVC would be a huge porting fest, and
unless you wanted to take a big performance _hit_, you'd have to convert
large chunks of inline assembler from AT&T syntax to Intel syntax...

Martin

--
Martin B?hme
Inst. f. Neuro- and Bioinformatics