[Ffmpeg-devel] Codec Id

Matni, Nikolai nmatni
Fri Aug 12 23:01:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to modify mpegts.c such that it does not discard private data.  I did so by adding

case STREAM_TYPE_PRIVATE_DATA:

to the switch statement at the end of
static void pmt_cb(void *opaque, const uint8_t *section, int section_len).

This adds another stream to my AVFormatContext.  However, the stream's codec id is
set to 11, which as far as i can tell is CODEC_ID_SP5X.  Also, this stream's codec
type is Audio, which is throwing things off for me, because I want to be able to identify
this stream by its its codec type (which I'm assuming should be either UNKNOWN or DATA), or
even by its codec id which i think should be NONE.  My private data stream currently,
has pid 0x66, but this is likely to be different from file to file.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I could work around this, or if not, if anyone knows where
in the code the codec_id and codec_type fields are set, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nikolai Matni