[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEGTS PID specification (was question on subm itting changes) ...

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Aug 11 17:19:31 CEST 2005

Brown, Mike said:
> M?ns,
>
> Would the following approach for over-riding ffmpeg's default PIDs be
> acceptable?
>
> Add two "advanced video" command line options to specify new values to over
> ride the existing default values of DEFAULT_PMT_START_PID   0x1000 &
> DEFAULT_START_PID       0x0100.
>
> For example:
>      ffmpeg <other options> -mpegts_pmtstartpid=0x10a0
> -mpegts_startpid=0x10c0
>
> If these command line options are not used then the existing default values
> continue to be used.

I'd rather use the AVStream.id field to set the PIDs of each stream.  I'm
imagining something like

  ffmpeg -i ... -streamid 0x200 -streamid 0x300 out.ts

where each -streamid would assign the id field of the next stream.
Specifying a value of 0 would give the default (current) behavior of
selecting a PID of one greater than the previous stream.

This still leaves the PMT pid out, though.  I can't think of any other
formats using anything equivalent to the PMT, either, so I suppose it
calls for something format-specific, even if I don't like that.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com