[Ffmpeg-devel] reading chunks of bits in reversed order (LSB first)

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Sat Apr 30 20:31:37 CEST 2005

Hi!

I have a (perhaps stupid) question concerning the subject. In a vorbis stream
if there is the byte 0xB8 (1011 1000) and I read 4 bits then 4 bits again
I will get 1011 and than 1000. However I would like to get these numbers in
reverse order i.e. first 1000 and then 1011.
Is there perhaps a trivial way to fix this ?
Or should I try to make the bitreader count the bits from the least
significant bit of what is yet to be read?

thanks, bye
Denes

--
- Use the Source Luke ! -