[Ffmpeg-devel] pp=ac postprocessing preset

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Apr 30 18:42:38 CEST 2005

Hi

On Saturday 30 April 2005 18:03, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It was just pointed out to me that the pp=ac postprocessing filter preset
> is not yet documented.  I'm about to add it to the MPlayer man page and
> the -pphelp MPlayer output, but I'm wondering what ac stands for
> (accurate?) and what the filter does exactly.

the primary difference between ac and de (or ha,va and hb,vb) is that the
later switch between the 3 different filtering modes per 8x8 block while the
earlier switch per 8x1 as described in the mpeg4 spec

both are based upon whats suggested in the mpeg4 spec

Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond