[DVDnav-discuss] dvdread patch for gcc 4.7+ and mingw

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:38:30 CEST 2013

Hello.  As a note, dvdread if compiled using mingw or cross compiled
for windows, seems to fail with all sorts of failure messages.
This patch (from the vlc team [1], thanks!) seems necessary there:
https://raw.github.com/rdp/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers/master/patches/dvdread-win32.patch

I'm not sure if it affects other OS's or not.  I "think" the problem
stems from gcc packing structures differently with 4.7+ though I'm not
certain [2] .  All I really know is that, for windows with gcc 4.8, it
fails without this patch and works with it.

Thank you, thought I'd mention it since there was a recent call for
trivial patches.
-roger-
[1] https://github.com/videolan/vlc/blob/master/contrib/src/dvdread/rules.mak#L30
and https://github.com/videolan/vlc/blob/master/contrib/src/dvdread/dvdread-win32.patch
[2] http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/mix_entry.php?id=11767
apparently -mms-bitfields became default with gcc 4.7