[DVDnav-discuss] New release planned? Yes!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Nov 6 08:33:40 CET 2013

On 05 Nov, Timothy Gu wrote :
> On Nov 5, 2013 4:41 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Kempf" <jb at videolan.org> wrote:

> also

> > > Are you planning to make incompatible changes?
> >
> > I might.
> > So far, no plans.
>
> So it's ff/lav all over again? What about MPlayer? Do distros wanting to

No it's not. I don't plan to break anything.
I might deprecate some things, like I did with libdvdcss 1.3.0.
I compile MPlayer, xine, handbrake and VLC regularly enough to not break
things.

I just plan to have a correctly managed project to fix the numerous
segfaults and issues and have a correctly copyrighted project (aka not
SVN).

> The only way out of this would be adding API/ABI compatibility, but as I
> see there is an 80% chance that there are not enough people to maintain
> that. Thus the ultimate solution would be the abandonment of this project
> in favor of yours.

Sorry, but that's not my problem anymore.
I've complained enough about the old repo.

You are very welcome to get commit access to our repo. (The dvdread one
is done, the dvdnav is under history-rewrite).

With my kindest regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734