[DVDnav-discuss] remap_loadmap purpose

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:36:43 CET 2011

>> I always get this message and was wondering if it's possible to quiet it a bit:
>> libdvdnav: Unable to find map file 'C:\Users\packrd/.dvdnav/.map'
>> What is the purpose of remap_loadmap? (the .h file doesn't seem to tell much)
>
> I am guessing this only happens on Windows? The call site is in vm.c:
> 391:    /* ifoRead_TXTDT_MGI(vmgi); Not implemented yet */
> 392:    dvd_read_name(vm->dvd_name, vm->dvd_serial, dvdroot);
> 393:    vm->map  = remap_loadmap(vm->dvd_name);

Interesting.
Maybe it isn't getting the name right that's true.
In linux I get:

libdvdnav: Unable to find map file '/home/ubuntu/.dvdnav/TANGLED.map'

(my wish regarding this in general be to not have this message output
I guess, but now that you mention it, I guess there's some bug in
windows too).

Appears it's trying to do
 fd = open("d:", O_RDONLY); #  177'ish of vm.c

which fails in windows, as you can't open a directory.  Guess it's
more involved than that.

But my original question was, why does it seem to constantly try to
find a .map file, when seemingly it never writes to one?
Thanks!
-roger-