[DVDnav-discuss] remap_loadmap purpose

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Nov 30 20:25:19 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I always get this message and was wondering if it's possible to quiet it a bit:
> libdvdnav: Unable to find map file 'C:\Users\packrd/.dvdnav/.map'
> What is the purpose of remap_loadmap? (the .h file doesn't seem to tell much)

I am guessing this only happens on Windows? The call site is in vm.c:
391:    /* ifoRead_TXTDT_MGI(vmgi); Not implemented yet */
392:    dvd_read_name(vm->dvd_name, vm->dvd_serial, dvdroot);
393:    vm->map  = remap_loadmap(vm->dvd_name);

According to the message the title of the dvd is not being read in the call
before remap_loadmap. Do you see any messages associated to
that call or does it just come back empty? Probably the easy fix here
is to make dvd_read_name return something and then determine
whether to remap_loadmap based on that return.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/