[DVDnav-discuss] Patch from the Living dead for dvdnav

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Nov 3 00:36:55 CET 2011

> I am super-annoyed, since I have a patch on dvdnav, that I apply on all
> VLC release, on Windows and Mac OS X, since (at least 2006).

Are you saying you only apply this patch to Windows and
Mac OS X builds of VLC?

> I understand absolutely nothing of this obscure patch on this obscure
> piece of code...

Obscure is right. Only constants are used and the values do not seem
to follow a pattern.

> It does work quite, but I can't explain it, since it predates my work on
> the project.
>
> I thought I should share it, with you, upstream, as someone could make
> some sense out of it.

If you submitted the same patch but w/ the different OS #ifdefs it might
be accepted. But otherwise, this thing is a mess.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/