[DVDnav-discuss] dvdnav patches from handbrake project

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Fri May 28 20:04:08 CEST 2010

On 05/28/2010 06:41 AM, Nico Sabbi wrote:

> I applied A00 that is obviously ok.
> A02: I don't know anything about win32, so if it works it can be
> applied on the trust, but please explain the mismatch between MSC and
> WIN32
This one was partially applied.  _MSC_VER was replaced by _WIN32.  Kempf
has some comments on the rest that we'll need to resolve first.

> A03 is stuff for Erik and/or Dan, let's wait.
It's not clear to me which A03 you mean. The one in dvdnav or the one in
dvdread.

> A04 is still to be reviewed, but it's trivial
ditto

> P00-uhmm, darwin .. Sebastian, ok for you?
You don't want this one.  It's a hack that we use in order to make it
easier for users to install and use dvdcss on osx.  We force them to use
the dylib that comes with VLC.

> P05: same as A02, scheduled for sunday
Kempf wanted a rational for this.  He suggests we should only change
what's used and accepts off_t and lseek changes.  My rational was that
these defines cover all current and future large file issues.  For
example, stat is currently used in dvd_reader.c.  Although stat doesn't
currently require any of the 64bit extensions, defining off_t to off64_t
changes the definition of struct stat.  This is going to cause
mis-alignment of the member variables since it is filled in by the libc
with the assumption that off_t is 32 bits and dvdread thinks it's 64
bits.  Redefining stat makes sure we don't have this alignment problem.

> P06: please, explain
> http://trac.handbrake.fr/browser/trunk/contrib/libdvdread/P06-darwin.patch
>
> the change in dvd_reader.c fits with the comment that in the original
> code is wrong, but which one is correct?
The comment above the test says one thing and the test does another.
The comment is correct.  The patch fixes the test to do what the comment
says.  Remember strncmp returns 0 when equal.