[DVDnav-discuss] DVDnav-discuss Digest, Vol 36, Issue 6

gnosy gnu gnosygnu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 04:35:45 CEST 2010

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:43:53 +0200
> From: Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi at poste.it>
> In this form it's unreviewable.
> What you should do is this:
>
> $ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav
> $ cd libdvdnav
> change your files
> $ svn diff > search.diff
> and send search.diff.
>
> Okay. Thanks for the simple and clear instructions. I really appreciate it.

I've attached the search.diff.gz above.

The search.diff generated a Makefile.am section. I snipped it out. I didn't
think it was relevant to my change. I detail more below if anyone's
interested.

Let me know if there's anything else. The code is verbose, but hopefully the
logic is clear.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------
libdvdnavmini issues
-----------------------------
I couldn't get libdvdnavmini to compile on my Windows machine. I got errors
like this:....

Creating library file: .libs/libdvdnavmini.dll.a
.libs/dvdnav.o:dvdnav.c:(.text+0xded): undefined reference to `navRead_PCI'
.libs/dvdnav.o:dvdnav.c:(.text+0xe03): undefined reference to `navRead_DSI'

However, the same source/build steps worked on a spare Ubuntu machine.
Rather than try to figure out an obscure Windows issue, I removed these
lines in src/Makefile.am:

libdvdnavmini_la_SOURCES = $(libdvdnav_la_SOURCES)

libdvdnavmini_la_LIBADD = $(THREAD_LIBS) \
    $(top_builddir)/src/vm/libdvdvm.la

libdvdnavmini_la_LDFLAGS = $(libdvdnav_la_LDFLAGS)

I also changed this line:
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libdvdnav.la

VLC doesn't use libdvdnavmini. The resulting libdvdnav.a worked fine as is.

However, my Makefile added another 900 lines to search.diff, so I removed
them.