[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Thu Jul 8 06:14:02 CEST 2010

>> libdvdread: [ifoRead_VTS] VTS identifier does not start with DVDVIDEO-VTS.
>> libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 1 (VTS_01_0.IFO).
>> libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed
>> mplayer: vm.c:1485: process_command: Assertion `0' failed.
>
> I am not sure assert is the right thing to do here. But this video
> title set check is
> basic. The specification says that the first twelve bytes of this should be
> that value above. libdvdread fails if it isn't that value. The
> attached patch is the
> same as the one before but it prints the value of that identifier. As long as
> libdvdread fails in the same place every time you can see what is wrong w/
> that identifier. I can see how a scratch could damage that string. But
> try the patch
> to see what it spits out.
>
> It might be OK to print out a warning and try to keep going instead.
> But you might not
> get far.

I have another patch... This is an attempt to support the use of BUP
files. A bit hacky.
But if it gets the job done, then maybe it can work. Please try. This
patch may not
work just because it is buggy. I haven't had a chance to try it. So if
it just fails
outright, feel free to instead apply the second patch and see what you get.

If anyone wants to review the patch and throw rotten eggs my way, feel
free. I especially
want to know what mplayer, vlc and handbrake devs think of BUP files
and their usage.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/