[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Jul 6 20:15:31 CEST 2010

> I finally got this working and here is output with mplayer:

Thanks for being persistent.

> libdvdread: [ifoRead_VTS] VTS identifier does not start with DVDVIDEO-VTS.
> libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 1 (VTS_01_0.IFO).
> libdvdnav: ifoOpenVTSI failed
> mplayer: vm.c:1485: process_command: Assertion `0' failed.

I am not sure assert is the right thing to do here. But this video
title set check is
basic. The specification says that the first twelve bytes of this should be
that value above. libdvdread fails if it isn't that value. The
attached patch is the
same as the one before but it prints the value of that identifier. As long as
libdvdread fails in the same place every time you can see what is wrong w/
that identifier. I can see how a scratch could damage that string. But
try the patch
to see what it spits out.

It might be OK to print out a warning and try to keep going instead.
But you might not
get far.

Thanks

Erik Hovland