[DVDnav-discuss] Fwd: Patch to add dvdnav_get_serial_string function to dvdnav

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Sat Jan 31 21:50:59 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:23 AM, elupus <elupus at ecce.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:25:44 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>>> [21 quoted lines suppressed]
>>
>> you broke the API extending an existing function for no reason; you
>> should add a new function and raise the minor number instead.
>>> [1 quoted line suppressed]
>
> Hmm.. No he didn't. dvd_read_name is a static local function.

Right, the only API change is to add the serial getting function.

> He should however have added the new dvd_serial property of vm_t at the
> end, as that would break any app using the vm.h structs, but i'm not sure
> if that is public or not.

Good question. If the vm.h header is installed, then we have to
consider it 'public'.
Because, if it is then people can use the functions there to run their
own VM. But, by
typing 'make install' I see that it is not installed. So it is likely
safe to stick that string
in the middle. There is a minor error in the code that writes the
serial data out. Line
196 indexes the serial string at 15, when that is the size of the
string - needs to be 14.

Patch (w/ minor fix) attached.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org