[DVDnav-discuss] misc issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:29:38 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi at poste.it> wrote:
> Il giorno dom, 14/09/2008 alle 21.50 +0200, Diego Biurrun ha scritto:
>> libdvdread and libdvdnav are full of
>>
>> - $Id$
>> - $Log$
>
> I don't even know what they are good for, so ok to remove them for me

These are for CVS/SVN tags. You need to enable the associated SVN
properties on the files so they're filled in by SVN.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html

But they're not really useful besides seeing who was the last to edit
the file, what the rev number is, etc.

>> - extern "C"
>
> uhm, there are quite a few MSVC fanboys here, maybe better keep them

I guess you would first need to determine if you can use the API from
a C++ program without the extern "C" declaration before removing them.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html

--
Dan