[DVDnav-discuss] question regarding data coming from libdvdnav

Sergey 'Jin' Bostandzhyan jin at mediatomb.cc
Thu Nov 20 14:27:28 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:51:34AM +0100, elupus wrote:

[ ... ]

> Also, the mpeg timestamps doesn't need to be continuous during playback and
> there could come still images (in menu's atleast). Still images either
> means you keep on getting audio data but no video data, or libdvdnav stops
> feeding data totally untill you skip the still.

>From what I can see in the menus.c example app, the DVDNAV_STILL_FRAME
event is handled (skipped). I do the same in my code, so I think that this
should not be a problem in our case...

Same for DVDNAV_WAIT... I am not sure about the comment in the sample app, which
talks about internal fifos, I guess when simply writing the data to file
there is no additional action (aprt from dvdnav_wait_skip) that should be
done, right?

I'm curious if Nico finds anything wrong in the sample file that I provided...

Kind regards,
Jin