[DVDnav-discuss] current revision strangeness

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Aug 19 21:48:04 CEST 2008

On Saturday, 26 July 2008 at 14:55, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 May 2008 at 12:01, Nico Sabbi wrote:
[...]
> > I guess it has something to do with the dvdread headers in mplayer's
> > tree that are still defined badly and included instead of the right
> > ones. I'll have to fix this problem renaming dvdread in libdvdread
> > (in mplayer)
>
> Thinking back about this, you should've done the reverse, i.e.
> rename libdvdread copy in MPlayer source tree instead of our new
> upstream fork. Since there have been no releases in-between, we
> can still go back. What do you think, Nico?

*ping*
Anyone else feel free to weigh in, too...

Rationale is: we're the current upstream and we shouldn't break API
just because MPlayer's internal copy clashes with upstream. It's MPlayer's
copy that should be fixed, not the other way around. This renaming
has already caused additional work for other people.

If there are no objections, I intend to revert the renaming in two weeks.

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu
"Faith manages."