[DVDnav-discuss] VLC patches

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Nov 12 22:10:42 CET 2007

Il Monday 12 November 2007 18:14:21 Jean-Baptiste Kempf ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> VLC is now using this version as a base for dvd reading.

I read it

> However, we still apply a patch against it:
> https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/browser/trunk/extras/contrib/src/Patc
>hes/libdvdnav.patch
>
> Some of this patch is to compile correctly under some version of
> cygwin/MSys (lseek, gettimeoftheday and LL)

it's ugly and especially out of place: who wrote that part
should have fixed cygwin instead

> Another part is about forcing to link with libdvdcss.

why? doesn't cygwin have dlopen()?

> And the last one is to use dvdinput_open(device) instead of
> open(device, O_RDONLY);

why?

> I don't understand all the patch (haven't studied it yet), but I
> wanted to inform you about that.
>
> Best Regards,

the patch to bswap.h seems to be essentially cosmetical

The diff in dvd_input.c:
- for(i=25; i < 73; i++ ) {
+  for(i=40; i < 73; i++ ) {

is unexplainable. Can you shed some light?

	Nico