[MPlayer-users] Brightness and contrast setting ineffectual

Katheryne E. Draven borgqueen at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 12 17:41:24 CET 2003

Hi,

Mplayer (to date) is the only DVD player I have been able to get to work
on Linux RedHat 8.0 so for that I thank you.

My only problem is that I cannot (GUI controls on KDE 3x) set the
brightness and contrast. The image is too dark.
Nothing I do to reset the image works.

Is there something I can do to correct this.

Please Note: I'm  a complete newbie to Linux. While I have completely
abandoned M$ cold turkey, I still have  a great deal to learn. So please
be as clear and step by step as possible.

Thank you again,

Kate Draven