[rtmpdump] [rfc] are there patches that have not been reviewed still sitting around?

Andrew Stone andrew at clovar.com
Thu Aug 13 20:45:24 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM, compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:09:14 +0100
> Howard Chu <hyc at highlandsun.com> wrote:
>
> > Andrew Stone wrote:
> > > I realize that this reply is a bit late, but better late than never.
> > >
> > >  From a cursory glance through the mailing list, there appear to be
> > > ~8 patches pending (from the past year), and some misc bug reports.
> > > I, for one, use this project on an almost daily-basis work, and
> > > have recently started diving into the code to fix issues I'm
> > > running into. Given how much I rely on it, I would volunteer myself
> > > as maintainer, though I'm not sure how everything works with
> > > git/hosting/etc around here. Also, since this project is very low
> > > traffic, might it make tracking easier / simplify things if the
> > > project were to be moved (or at least mirrored) on
> > > GitHub/Bitbucket/something else, where bug reporting and patches
> > > can be maintained in contiguous threads? I'd be curious if this has
> > > been considered and rejected in the past.
> >
> > Don't be stupid. This project used to be hosted on sourceforge and
> > got shut down by Adobe's army of lawyers. The same would happen again
> > on Github or any other well known host. Don't make suggestions
> > without knowing the history of what's gone on before.
>
> we could try a github mirror just to see if adobe still mad.
>
> andrew, feel free to mirror on github. ;)
>
> -compn

There are already quite a few forks, some with varying degrees of patches,
up on Github/Bitbucket/etc. Since none of these have been touched, it's
possible Adobe has backed off. I've created my own fork and will start
integrating patches. If anyone has any pending patches, I'll gladly review
them, or you can open a pull request at
https://github.com/thatguystone/rtmpdump. This is a personal repo for now
just to test the waters and keep things from affecting the project as a
whole.

hyc: Thanks for highlighting some of rtmpdump's history. I was unaware of
this, and I certainly don't want to start causing trouble for the project.