[rtmpdump] [FFmpeg-devel] New Server

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Aug 10 13:43:00 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 05:35:11PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 07:06:02PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > as you all probably know FFmpeg/Mplayer/... is searching for a
> > new free server & hosting ...
> >
> > We received the following offers for a new server and hosting.
> > If you think any of them are a bad choice then please speak now!
> > i ommited one non free offer and one unspecific offer from a company who
> > alternatively would want to finnancially sponsor us.
> > as well as at least one which would be technically insufficient
> >
> > If i forgot some offer or theres a mistake in the list below please
> > reply and add/correct the offer ASAP!
> >
> > I also intend to add a mention & link to the footer of the FFmpeg
> > webpage for whoever is choosen, several of the sponsors below did
> > not ask for that though.
> > If you object to that, again, please speak now.
> >
> > I intend to accept 2 of the offers below for redundancy, again if you
> > think something else should be done, speak now!
>
> I almost forgot replying. And i guess if i dont reply noone will feel
> authorative and reply anytime soon ...
>
> there are only 2 options noone had a argument against.
> OVH and vlc had arguments in public,
> hetzner (virus issue & 50euro/mo, also public)
> kierans box is too weak/old to host all our services but works fine for trac atm
>
> against nexcess / futurehosting.com i receved a private argument from
> a rtmpdump developer, as they are US based and hosting rtmpdump in the
> US is expected by them to be problematic.
>
> That leaves DreamHack and the Telepoint/MediaHub offer.
> I thus accept these 2 offers

to keep everyone updated
the hw for the Telepoint/MediaHub server has been ordered a week ago,
there was some problem with the avalability of the CPU, so we will
likely have only one CPU at first until a second is in stock

No news about the DreamHack server

[...]

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates