[rtmpdump] RtmpDump

Daniel Bell john.mrdaniel.bell at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:43:04 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am seeking help with libRTMP.

Rtmpdump works with crtmpserver using the param -r

"rtmp://127.0.0.1:1935/flvplayback/bunny.flv"

However, when i do this in code i cannot get it to connect.  Using the
rtmpdump source code, i am unable to run this due to getopt_long which
belongs to getopt.h, a linux header.

Which params will be set to default values? For instance, tcURL is set
independently of the RTMP_ParseURL().  I have tried various combinations
and default values, but the stream will not play when connected. We know it
can work with rtmpdump which leads me to think it is the params.

This is my best effort so far, it connects to the stream. It reads a small
number of bytes. What am i missing?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/c-rtmp-server/HMYfrrs0Bus

I am using Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2012.

The next step will be writing, is it as simple as enable write and
basically do the same thing?

Regards.

Daniel