[rtmpdump] requesting developers to work on rtmpdump website and mailing list

Matt Breedlove breedlove.matt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 18:44:26 CET 2014

My take is that patches need to be dealt-with first.  Looking over the
history, many issue reports just have links to patches that have been
submitted quite some time ago or from custom builds.  Without a response to
patch submissions, its not hard to see why the repo has slipped from its
authoritative state.  Considering its still the primary source for many
builds despite most active development done in community forums, this seems
ironic.

With fixes already available (albeit many scattered across the internet), I
think this should be the first and easiest to complete.  The idea of
building a patch archive over time and constantly having to apply it during
every build scares the hell out of me and probably would most would-be
developers.  If we can get some of the more senior members all together and
to build a list of current issues and a general project status, I think it
would go a long way.  I don't see attracting developers if it means their
having to go through months of mailing list threads just to get an idea of
what doesn't work.

Matt