[rtmpdump] core dump in rtmpsrv

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:29:12 CET 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Martin Storsjö <martin at martin.st> wrote:
> This sounds to me like you have an old librtmp.so in your system lib paths
> somewhere, and your newly built rtmpsrv tries to use those instead of the
> one you actually built.

Correct. The solution for me and for anyone else that runs into this
issue is as below, assuming you are already in the rtmpdump-trunk
build directory.

"""
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:librtmp; ./rtmpsrv
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:librtmp; ./rtmpdump ...
"""

Thanks for the assist. So, I was missing something rather naively...