[rtmpdump] Request to issue a Versioned Update to librtmp

Steven Penny svnpenn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 17:52:36 CEST 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Vijay Khurana wrote:
> I believe this is the most recent version that has been referenced by the
> XBMC team, so if this is Steven's repo, then it looks like yes to the second
> of the two options you presented.
> https://github.com/svnpenn/rtmpdump

I have no issue with putting a new tag on my repo, but few thing need
to be made clear.

1. My repo is not official. I had some things I wanted to
change/improve that were rejected/ignored on the mailing list, that is
the impetus behind svnpenn/rtmpdump

2. Howard Chu, which you could say is the principal developer of
RtmpDump has even rejected some patches that are currently on my repo

3. A 2.5 release really isnt merited at this point

If you and/or the XBMC team is ok with this then I can tag a "2.4.1"
release or similar.