[rtmpdump] ipfw for Windows 7 64-bit/32-bit

Steven Penny svnpenn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:07:21 CEST 2012

>From the README

> (Based on reading the BSD ipfw manpage, this rule ought to work on BSD:
> ipfw add 40 fwd 127.0.0.1,1935 tcp from any to any 1935 not uid proxy
> Some confirmation from any BSD users would be nice.)
> (We have a solution for Windows based on a TDI driver; this is known to
> work on Win2K and WinXP but is assumed to not work on Vista or Win7 as the
> TDI is no longer used on those OS versions. Also, none of the known
> solutions are available as freeware.)

I took a crack at ipfw for Windows a while back but I stopped because the one I
found only had a 32-bit build

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/wipfw/files/experimental

It turns out theres is another open source implementation of ipfw here

  http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/dummynet

The site notes both 64-bit and 32-bit support for Windows 7. I successfully
installed it for Windows 7 64-bit, detailed here

  http://stackoverflow.com/a/12719202

However the next challenge is running 2 users. Apparently Cygwin "su" has never
worked

  http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.su

and the suggested workaround is to install "sshd". I gave up at this point, but
I thought I would share my findings. Currently I am using "RtmpDumpHelper" to
capture streams but with "ipfw" we could have an open source solution.