[rtmpdump] mediaplay using librtmp for rtmp pause and seek failed

LXH xiaohui.li at fulansoft.com
Tue Nov 27 10:56:49 CET 2012

Hi all,

     Who have used librtmp to implement the rtmp pause and seek in a mediaplay based on FFMPEG? My mediaplay is based on FFmpeg. Because the internal rtmp don't support the rtmp pause and seek, I choose the librtmp in  rtmpdump project, which is excellent in processing rtmp stream as I know.
    But there are some trouble when I implement the rtmp pause and seek based on librtmp. About pause,  My mediaplay had send the command to the librtmp,but server did not return the "onStatus: NetStream.Pause.Notify" ,but after resume server return "onStatus: NetStream.Pause.Notify"and then "onStatus: NetStream.Unpause.Notify".And after do the "pause" and "resume",audio have no output and video play jitter. In addition,when paused too long(more than 1 minute),104 error occured(server reset connection).
   About rtmp seek,My mediaplay had send the command to the librtmp,server return the "onStatus: NetStream.seek.Notify".But video would be still,and then EOF a moment later.
   I don't know why my mediaplay's rtmp pause and seek based on librtmp failed. If you know about it please give me some advice.  Thank you !