[rtmpdump] Issue regarding resume "Last tag size must be greater/equal zero"

Litew litew9 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:40:52 CEST 2012

On 3/23/10, PLTK <pnixte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> After trying to resume the download of a stream (non-live) from a
> server, I encountered
> the following error:
>
> ERROR: Last tag size must be greater/equal zero (prevTagSize=1178073467)
> and smaller then filesize, corrupt file!

Hello.
Using rtmpdump: git-snapshot (2012-03-09).
I haven't ever met such output from rtmpdump on Linux but I have the same
error in
Windows (tests in Windows7/amd64 and WindowsXP/x86 with non-live streams
from
rutube.ru servers). "ERROR: Last tag [...]" appears when I try to resume
dumping
stream after manual interruption, i.e. when sending SIGINT or closing
console
window. I solved this problem by increasing bufferSize in rtmpdump.c,
Download function:

int bufferSize = 128 * 1024; // instead of 64KB

Try to dump stream, interrupt it with Ctrl-C, then restart with --resume
and
error mustn't appear. Unfortunately, it won't work with existing corrupt
files
 from unmodified rtmpdump.