[rtmpdump] RTMPDump - Segmentation Fault

NhJm nhjm449 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:26:12 CET 2012

On 12/14/12, Joshua Malcolm <wothed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ulrik  fair enough but just a simple make SYS=posix && make install
> gives me a segfaulting executable with the latest trunk installed to
> the proper place (Ubuntu 12.04)
>
> I use git checkout e0056 because it is the first commit to include the
> feature I wanted --realtime
> Even then it doesn't work nearly as stable as the apt-get deb.  If I
> always use --realtime it doesn't seem to segfault.
>
> What is wrong here or is the latest trunk just a bit flakey?

As Matt mentioned, if Ubuntu already has a copy of librtmp.so.0
installed (ie. in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/), the Ubuntu-supplied copy
is probably being loaded instead of the desired one. (Note: if other
packages are depending on that version of librtmp, don't replace it
with the new version!)

You can use `ldd /path/to/rtmpdump` to see what libraries are being
loaded. You can also use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to override the directory
that's being searched first.

But hey, if you use my patch
(http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmpdump/2012-December/002231.html)
you'll get a unique filename (librtmp.so.1) which won't collide with
the old one!