[rtmpdump] Puzzled !

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Fri Sep 23 10:32:51 CEST 2011

Howard Chu wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>> Thank you for helping me!
>> Too bad my linux skills are quite bad ...
>> at the moment it's either "RTMPDUMP -various options -resume -o
>> outputfile" or "RTMPDUMP -various options"
>> not sure how to "combine" these as the player-application seems just
>> listening at STDIN
>
> You're giving me strong motivation to put an IQ test on the subscription page
> for this mailing list, before accepting subscribers.
>
> There are plenty of places to go to learn the basics of Linux and Unix. This
> is not one of them.

Some folks may think responses like this are uncalled for. Think again.

You would not walk into the kitchen of a gourmet restaurant and ask the head
chef to teach you how to boil a pot of water. The question itself is rude;
it's inconsiderate of you to waste people's time with such questions that you
should have found the answer to long before.

Every thing that I put out on the web is the result of intense thought. I
expect the same of all of you. Think before you post.