[rtmpdump] rtmpdump 2.4 source tar

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sat Oct 8 03:54:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 20:28:18 -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Nigel Taylor
><njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> Exactly. A source tar ball was created for building the OpenBSD rtmpdump
>> package and is held in the OpenBSD distfiles area.
>
>Seeing how handshake 10 is already out I see no need in packaging the
>already dated "2.4" release. As you have already shown there are at
>least 5 mirrors for tarballs including my own. If it that important
>then you are of course welcome to fork the project.

someone could make a 2.5 release, and basically a new release each time
some feature is added.

yet another svn/git vs packaging war.

distros want to package old versions
projects move too quickly to be packaged.
developers dont care to waste time on creating releases.
users report bugs to developers using old releases from distros, thus
wasting time of users/developers.

we've all seen these arguments before. there is no solution i can see.

the horror. the horror.

-compn