[rtmpdump] rtmpdump 2.4 source tar

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 02:52:53 CEST 2011

http://repo.or.cz/w/rtmpdump.git/snapshot/60218d0.tar.gz

> Oh, I see what you're saying :)
>
> But it is still a bigger problem than it might appear. The dynamic
> tar files from git aren't always the same, which means the normal
> security hash checks on the tars fail.
>
> E.g. a sha1 of the resulting tar.gz file will produce a different
> result from day to day, or perhaps second to second.

Hi,

Exactly. A source tar ball was created for building the OpenBSD rtmpdump
package and is held in the OpenBSD distfiles area.

This has been done for this and other git / svn sites that don't create
a source tar ball. A number of svn and git web sites may produce source
tar balls by some means, they are quite often different each time
downloaded and so fail the source checksums.

Here is the source tar ball used in creating the OpenBSD rtmpdump-2.4pl1
package.
http://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles/rtmpdump-2.4pl1.tgz

Debian (Ubuntu) done something similar here
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rtmpdump/rtmpdump_2.4~20110711.gitc28f1bab.orig.tar.gz

Fedora
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/development/source/SRPMS/rtmpdump-2.4-0.1.20110811gitc58cfb3e.fc16.src.rpm

and Gentoo